thoughts and reviews on music, movies, and theatrical productions

Pages

December 22, 2018

Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald


"Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald" is the film that I have been waiting for.

After the first Fantastic Beasts movie was released two years ago, I have been so excited to see what happens next in the wizarding world. I was so looking forward to this movie, and it did not disappoint.

 From the intriguing characters, beautiful cinematography, deep connections the Harry Potter world, and the adorable beasts, I can say that this film surpassed my expectations. 

The cinematography in this movie was beautiful. My favorite parts were these close up shots of each of the main characters. When a character was introduced they went to a close up shot of their face. It made me feel really close to them. It was a beautiful way to capture each character in an intimate way. 


The characters were the heart of this movie. I fell in love with all of them. The familiar faces grew even more intriguing, and the new ones fit right in. Characters like Leta Lestrange, and Queenie Goldstein were fantastic to watch. Also, the romance was so sweet, like Newt's "salamander" line to Tina Goldstein. 

The plot tied right into the story of the wizarding world...

and what fans know from Harry Potter. Because the first movie introduced the new story, this one was able to jump right into the details. Fans can get excited about the new plot developments. My friend and I were talking long after the movie ended, trying to piece together ideas.

Overall this movie was incredible. 

Both old fans, and newcomers will fall in love with this magical world. 


-Celia Boldizar



2 comments: